AAA Certified’s Network
Body Corporate Law & Regulations
All owners are deemed to be part of a body corporate on the purchase of a strata title property. The body corporate has a responsibility to maintain the common property in good condition for the benefit of all members.
In Queensland, bodies corporate are governed by the Body Corporate and Community Management Act 1997 and the applicable Regulations. The regulations that apply to any particular body corporate will depend on how the body corporate was registered at inception.
Body Corporate Manager
A body corporate may elect to engage a body corporate manager to ensure compliance with body corporate legislation and for the provision of administrative services.
A body corporate manager is engaged by the body corporate as an independent professional and not as a body corporate employee to provide agreed administrative services only.
AAA Certified Changeover Process
To facilitate the handover from your existing body corporate manager we carry out the following at no cost.
- Arrange for the collection of records and conduct an inspection of your existing documents
- Review levies and arrears
- Open a body corporate bank account in the name of the body corporate
- Review compliance with current legislation
- Set up your body corporate on our system